Saturday, August 11, 2012

Where to start...Update

I decided to start with the frame rust and bought a Safety-Cap frame repair kit from Auto Rust. These kits are prefabbed frame sections that are made to fit over the existing frame and to be welded to the original frame. I couple of friends and myself thought this would be a nice weekend project. We jacked the ole Jeep up and took the wheels off to get a better look. At this time was when things went south...my friends (the welders) explained that the frame was rusted too bad to weld to...the welder would blow holes if we went any further. So after I recovered from what felt like a kick to the junk, I decided to opt for a frame swap. It really didn't take too long to recover...the 20 minute drive home with the top off did the trick. This is where we start...frame swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment